Adult or big kid size! Store healthy snacks including dried fruit. Fill with toddler meals such as spaghetti bolognaise or macaroni cheese and freeze for quick and easy dinner ideas. Perfect for school lunch boxes. Even store your left over uncooked veges such as cucumber, cut lime, onions etc.
- BPA, PVC and Phthalate free
- Dishwasher safe (top rack)
- Microwavable (ensure ziplock is open and test product before consuming)
Heating & Usage Guidelines
- Wash your pouches with warm soapy water or put through the dishwasher before first use.
- Kai Carrier are reusable but not invincible! With proper care and storage, they will serve you and your family well. When signs of wear or improper sealing appear recycle and replace your pouches.
- Kai Carrier are awesome, but they’re not bullet proof. If overfilled, stepped on, misused, mishandled or closely scrutinized by a brilliant toddler mind – spills, squirts, and explosions may occur. Ensure children are supervised as the small caps on 300ml and 800ml can be a choking hazard.
- Our 140ml pouches come standard with large choke proof lids to give you piece of mind when feeding your little ones.
Q How do I fill my Kai Carrier?
A At first your Kai Carrier may be a bit stiff, but once you have opened the gusset (wide bottom bit of pouch that expands it) your Kai Carrier should stand by itself to make filling them easy. Use a large spoon to push gusset open or blow air through the spout to expand the pouch.
Ensure the cap is on securely and you are ready to fill your pouches
Use a funnel or pouring jug to fill the pouches via the open ziplock
Fill about ¾ full, or just below spout level as this will allow for expansion when freezing and prevent the pouch contents overflowing and getting stuck in the ziplock when you seal it
Seal ziplock and you are ready to go!
Ensure that the consistency of the food is no thinner than apple sauce and make your purees thicker for those little ones inclined to squeeze the pouches! This will help prevent any unwanted spills.
Q How do I clean my Kai Carrier?
A Our pouches have been designed using clear BPA free plastic so that you are able to see if any food is left in them. We believe this is an important design feature and will help ensure you are able to clean the pouches effectively and reduce the chance of contracting any food related illnesses.
Kai Carrier pouches are dishwasher safe (top rack), but can also be effectively cleaned by hand or with one of our scrubbing brushes.
If food is caked on fill pouches with warm soapy water and allow to soak until food softens and can be washed away.
We recommend rinsing pouches prior to placing over the prongs on the top rack of the dishwasher to remove any excess food.
Ensure that all food is removed from the zip lock as this may impact on how well they seal next time you use them.
Kai Carrier holds no responsibility for any health issue or otherwise that may arise due to the consumers’ choice to reuse pouches due to having no control over consumers’ food hygiene practices.
Q How do I microwave my Kai Carrier?
A Yes, they are microwaveable however, this is not our preferred heating method. The materials used in the manufacture of Kai Carriers have a USFDA food approval. This is valid to a maximum of 90 degrees Celsius for direct food contact (so safe as you would never heat food that hot!).
If you do choose to microwave the pouches, ensure that the zip lock is open, heat on 50-70% power and you stir and test the pouch contents prior to consuming, as microwaves heat food unevenly. Microwaving the pouches will reduce their life span.
An alternative method for heating the pouches is to sit them in a pot of warm water and allow them to heat through.
As with anything, use common sense and enjoy!